Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fell behind thanks to the flu

You know, it's amazing how quickly you can fall behind.

Last week Monday two of my boys became ill. So I did what any good mother does and took care of them, only to become sick myself on Tuesday evening. Today another Tuesday has passed and another Thursday is here and I'm finally feeling myself again.

Yes, we all had H1N1, aka Swine Flu. It sucked, to put it mildly. We weren't sick enough to go to the doctor, at least my boys weren't. I had a fever for 5 days in a row and didn't get off the couch, not even to go to bed. That was my little nest, as my daughter called it (who was a blessing from the heaven's, let me tell you).

From everything I've read, if you have flu like symptoms right now, odds are you have the H1N1 virus. I survived it, as did everyone else in the house. I was the worst one, of course. My advice? Lots, and I mean LOTS of fluids and rest. Ibuprofen for your head and fever. Lots of Kleenex (or Puffs) with lotion for your sore nose. And a comfy couch.

Oh, yeah, the number one thing I recommend? Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. They say that's even better than washing than your hands with soap and water (do both though).

So. Now I'm stocked up on hand sanitizer, Kleenex with lotion, chicken noodle soup, Canada Dry ginger ale and Gatorade.

Just in case, you should do the same!
Good luck to you and your family.

By the way, here is a link to my local news station, which has some great information about the flu, swine flu and colds.

No comments:

Post a Comment