Friday, October 30, 2009

Pay it Forward this weekend


Last night I was looking through my coupon binder and noticed there is a huge amount of coupons that will expire this weekend, some on the Oct 31 and some on Nov 1st. Such a shame to see so many coupons going to the big recycle bin in the sky.
When you're out and about on your weekend shopping trips, why don't you place some coupons beside some items that people could use. Last weekend a woman stopped me in the air freshener aisle in Walmart talking about my coupon binder and (long story short) I ended up giving her 2 $4 Frebreze coupons. I swear, you would have thought that I took $20 out of my wallet and gave it to her. She was so thrilled, thanked me a bunch of times, went and told her friend and then they proceeded to pick out 2 Frebreze Noticeables. And it made me feel good to.
My husband didn't understand it but that was ok. He didn't understand why I didn't just use them myself (even though I already had 6 in my cart). A small gesture that costs you nothing may make someone else feel like they hit the jackpot.
I have some diaper coupons and I don't have any babies so I think I will make a special trip over to the baby aisle this weekend and place some diaper, wipes, formula coupons and make someone smile. Just like it will make me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment