It's no secret that I'm a huge General Mills fan, especially anything having to do with Cheerios. They have a new 'promotion' going on that brings attention to all things pink. Now, if you're a woman you likely already know that this means cancer and, in particular, breast cancer. I have been asked to participate in and spread the word about this new program called Pink Together. Here is some information about it....
Find hope. Be inspired. Know you are not alone. Join the 2011 Pink Together™ campaign – now in its fifth year of celebrating hope – by visitingPinkTogether.com to connect with a unique online community of people who have been touched by breast cancer and share a passion for the cause. Individually we are strong, but together we are stronger.
- Visit PinkTogether.com to share your personal story and messages of hope and read about others’ personal journeys. To encourage personal connections, General Mills will donate $1 to the Komen organization for each Message of Hope that is sent to someone who has shared their story on PinkTogether.com (up to $25,000) during October. This is in addition to a $2 million donation General Mills is making to the Komen organization.
- This year, for the first time in its five-year history, at PinkTogether.comconsumers can choose how $1 million of this donation will be shared between two important Komen programs: the Treatment and Assistance Program, which assists women in securing care they otherwise may not be able to afford, andPrevention Research, which helps unlock the keys to preventing breast cancer. Visit PinkTogether.com from September 19, 2011 through April 14, 2012 to make your choice. Results will be announced on Mother’s Day 2012 – Sunday, May 13.
- Meet the 2011 Pink Together Survivor Ambassadors, and hear their amazing stories of courage and survival on PinkTogether.com and the Pink Together YouTube Channel.
- General Mills will also be turning the packaging of participating products pink in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October.
Unfortunately, there are many of us who have a story about someone with breast cancer. Mine was with my aunt (my mother's sister) who, thankfully found it early enough thanks to a mammogram and was able to fight it off with treatment. She has been cancer free for about 3 years now.
Have you been touched by breast cancer personally or from knowing someone? If you do, please leave me a comment (even if you don't have a story) and you could win this great prize pack from General Mills. It includes
- A 16 oz. box of Total cereal
- VIP coupons valid for one box of Cheerios and Multigrain Cheerios cereal and one cup of Yoplait yogurt
- Betty Crocker Living with Cancer Cookbook Pink Together Edition, which includes a collection of more than 150 delicious recipes with complete nutrition information and a 32-page Pink Together Survivor Ambassador bonus section that shares inspirational personal stories of survival as well as recipes
- Water bottle and removable silicone awareness bracelet
- Drawstring sport backpack
- Rhinestone ear buds
That's a big prize pack. You can get more than one entry to this prize pack as well. Please leave a comment for each one of these things you do or have done for extra entries....
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect
- Follow me on Twitter
- Subscribe to my daily feed/newsletter
- Add me as a friend on Facebook
- Like Pink Together on Facebook
- Interact with the Pink Together community on Facebook and tell me about it.
- If you would like to subscribe to the Pink Together YouTube Channel or just take a look at it
- If you tweet about this promotion at all, and I hope you will, please use the hashtag #MyBlogSpark. This is good for another entry.
*Remember to leave a separate comment for each thing you do for a better chance to win*
Leave an entry until Oct 2nd 11:59pm CST, when this will close.
“Disclosure: The Pink Together prize pack, information and coupons have been provided free of charge by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.”