Friday, July 29, 2011

The Reveal My Dining Room Makeover #gliddentesters

2011_07290002

OK, so as you saw in a post the other day, thanks to Glidden Paint and #gliddentesters I've been doing a makeover on my dining room. I tried to think outside of the box for this one, and for me, red IS my box. I love red. Nearly every room in my house has red in it somewhere. Red and/or green. I was talking to my husband and he thought a warm yellow would be a nice change so I went to the Glidden website and looked up a bunch of colors. When I got my colors I went to Walmart and got some Glidden Testers and tried them on the wall.
I decided to go ahead and use the yellow and the white but the green was just a bit too dark for what I wanted to accomplish. My daughter helped me and my cats 'helped' me. I must admit though, when I was finished with the walls, the built in china cabinet just didn't look right. So what's a girl to do but have her hubby go back to Walmart and some more paint. Ok, I cheated. I got him to get me a pint of red paint for the doors.
One thing I must say though. This Glidden paint spread very nicely and had a great coverage. Even over the dark red like I had on the wall, I only needed one main coat, let it dry and did some touch ups on one wall and one more light coat on the left side wall. No primer necessary, which was certainly a time saver and a money saver.
I even remember when paint used to have a bad smell but this paint didn't have any kind of smell at all. I loved that.
So, now for some before and after shots.

The left side of my dining room before and after:
2011_072800012011_07280037

The right side of my dining room before and after:
2011_072800022011_07280014

My china cabinet before and after:
2011_072800162011_07280039

The finished room and my happy hubby:
2011_072800412011_07280042

I so enjoyed doing this project. I needed something fresh in my house. It's been so hot outside that it was nice to bring a little sunshine indoors with the yellow that hubby liked so much. I chronicled my experience picking out the paint at Walmart and painting at home with my daughter, my cats and Glidden paints in the 'ThisMoment' post below. Click through and take a look at how much fun we had.


My Dining Room Makeover thanks to #gliddentesters

This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Glidden Testers/Paint #collectivebias” but all the photos and opinions are solely my own.

5 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty! I love how bright and open it looks now. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great color choice! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a difference! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! The china cabinet looks completely different, soo nice!

    ReplyDelete