Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mr. Sandman, why have you deserted me?

What is it about the month of June that makes my body not want to sleep? Last year, right around this time, I had about two or three weeks where I couldn't sleep. I would get about 3 or 4 hours a night, if I was lucky. We went on vacation and on June 26th checked in to a hotel, where I slept a full nights sleep for the first time in weeks. Maybe it was the bed. Maybe it was the (colder than I keep it in my own home) air conditioner. Maybe it was the long drive and other activities during the day. I don't know. What I do know is that point on I was able to get my sleep patterns back to normal.
Flash Forward to this June and I'm in the same spot. Yes, Texas (as well as a lot of the country) is in a heat wave of over 100F during the day and not getting below 80F at night. I do keep it colder in my house this year than I did last year. I've completely cut caffeine out of my days. I've even gone as far as to take a PM medication but don't want to make that a habit.
As I write this, it's 4:53am and I've been up for an hour. Sigh.
I'm not going on vacation until the middle of September this year so I hope I don't have to wait until then to get my sleep back.

No comments:

Post a Comment