Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm helping to end child hunger, are you? #childhungerendshere

CHILD HUNGER ENDS HERE! BLOGGER CORRESPONDENT

Did you know that nearly 1 in 4 kids in America struggles with hunger? Me either. I think we tend to think of other countries before our own, when it comes to child hunger. When I heard about this, I felt I had to do something about it, even something small. 

Yesterday I went to Walmart to look for the ConAgra foods that have the special label to help end child hunger. It was part of a campaign with Collective Bias that I am proud to be a part of.
So, off I went with my list in hand to find the specially marked items. What are they, you ask?
Peter Pan Peanut Butter, Banquet Frozen Meals, Kid Cuisine, Healthy Choice Soup, Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers, Healthy Choice Steamers, Chef Boy Ardee Raviolli, and Marie Callenders Frozen Meals.

I bought all of these items and then I went to the website Child Hunger Ends Here and entered codes that came off the labels. For each 8 digit code you enter a monetary donation will be made enabling one meal to be provided through Feeding America's network of food banks, up to a maximum of 2.5 million meals through 8/30/11.After you go to the website and enter codes, you will get coupons for these items too.

I'm going to go back to Walmart on the weekend and buy some more of these items and enter some more codes so I can help more people. It's a small to price to pay and I'm willing to pay it, are you? 

If you click on the link below, you will see my shop that I went on at Walmart.
I went to #walmart to help the #childhungerendshere campaign by Lisa Harris

Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as a part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias.All the photos and opinions are solely my own.

1 comment: