Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Money experiment for my 21 year old

Last night I told my daughter we are having chicken for supper tonight. 'UGH' was her response, for the third day in a row. Sunday I made homemade pea soup....'Eww, that's disgusting'. Monday I made spaghetti....'you know I hate spaghetti'. Tonight chicken....'ugh, again?'. So I've made a decision. I'm going to give my daughter, who is 21, my grocery money for the month and see what she can do with it. I won't clip her coupons. I won't search for sales. I won't write lists. It will all be up to her.

With the $100/week she will also have to buy cat food and cat litter.

My parents are coming down for a visit after Christmas and we are going to have 'Christmas dinner' on New Year's Day so I will buy the turkey and stuff for that but she will have to take care of the rest.

What do you think? Am I setting her up to fail or am I teaching her a valuable lesson?

No comments:

Post a Comment