Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Remembrance Day, Veteran's Day



I don't normally post about my personal life but today I felt compelled to.
This is a picture of me and my grandfather in 1968. I was a little wee toothless baby so he thought it would be a funny joke to take his teeth out so we'd both be be toothless. I love this picture of us. I was the first born grandchild and was always 'grampa's girl'. He died in 1999. I miss him every single day.
He served in WWII in Canada's armed forces and helped liberate Holland, where he met my grandmother. I am proud to be their first born grandchild. I think about them every day. I miss them every day. I love them..every day.
I hope you take a moment to remember, today, Novemeber 11th.
Remembrance Day in Canada and Veteran's Day in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment