Monday, March 14, 2011

Rambling on

I'm sitting here, on my new chair (a big chaise lounge hubby bought for me) with 2 kittens at my feet, watching the season finale of The Bachelor. Of course, I love, love, love Emily and will be shocked if he doesn't pick her.
I have my son's laptop on my lap while my daughter is sitting about 10 feet away on the couch with her laptop and my youngest son at my desk at my desktop computer, about 6 feet away playing Warcraft. So here, in the small room are three people on computers, watching tv. I have my smartphone next to me, checking tweets and getting texts. I can hear the dishwasher in the background as my husband is in room next to the kitchen (our bedroom) watching his own favorite programming in there.
The power went out today. For about an hour and a half we all had to talk to each other. The boys went outside and threw a baseball around. My daughter and I joked around and laughed at the kittens running all over the place. It was awful (sarcasm). We actually had to interact and carry on a conversation. If you can believe it my daughter and I have actually had text conversations in this living room, while sitting 10 feet away from each other, so no one else can `hear`us.
Why am I rambling? Not exactly sure but I have felt disconnected from some things lately and I'm wondering if it has to do with so many different electronics around. Maybe we need an electronic-free day around here, to recross our wires to each other.
Sigh
So, back to The Bachelor, keeping my fingers crossed for Emily.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I have the same problem with computers sometimes. Texting is great, but it's so much easier and more personable to just pick up the phone isn't it?

    I came across your site yesterday from Texas Bloggin' Gals and thought- hey I know that girl- now where do I know her from??? I figured out today that it's because you're following my blog! Thanks for following. I'll be watching yours for good deals too.

    ReplyDelete