Thursday, September 23, 2010

9 Lives gift pack for your furry feline friends

I love my cats. Duh, right? Well, I wasn't aware what harm I might be doing them by not reading the nutritional facts on their cat food. Thanks to 9 Lives I'm not just 'buying in the dark' anymore. I'm paying attention. See what they had to say....



A survey of feline pet parents across the country commissioned by 9Lives found that an overwhelming 94 percent of cat owners are confident they feed their felines the most nutritious meals possible. However, nearly half (48 percent) admit they’ve fed their cats table scraps – which do not provide the essential nutrients cats need – an average seven times per month. Additionally, only 30 percent know that giving your cat milk may not be a healthy practice due to the common incidence of lactose intolerance in adult cats.1

Additional findings include:

  • 23% of American pet parents think it’s beneficial to keep their cats on a purely vegetarian diet, while actually it may be harmful2
  • There are a number of foods that feline parents assume are healthy for cats, but are actually not advantageous to their health including root vegetables (73%), green tomatoes (54%), and raw potatoes (50%)3
  • Nine out of ten feline pet parents would be willing to switch foods if they knew it would provide better nutrition. In fact:
    • 92 percent of cat owners would switch foods if it would improve their cat’s health, and
    • 91 percent would switch food if they could add years onto their feline’s life

In an effort to educate pet parents about the common misperceptions of proper feline nutrition, 9Lives is committed to raising awareness to this issue by providing advanced nutrition for all cats. With the 9Lives Advanced Nutrient System, feline parents everywhere can rest assured knowing their cats are getting the essential nutrients they need to help promote healthy skin and coat, strong muscle growth and a healthy immune system among other benefits. 
Thanks to MyBlogSpark and 9Lives, I was provided a lovely gift box for my three cats. Since yesterday they have been enjoying a bag of 9Lives cat food and cat toys and I've been 'enjoying' the new pooper scoop, as well as some coupons for some free cat food. If you would also like a gift pack for you and your kitties to enjoy just enter this giveaway. 

For your 1st entry please subscribe to my daily updates. (Ok, they're not daily but I try), then come back here and leave a comment that you have done that. If you already subscribe you can tell me that too.
For your second entry you must go to www.9Lives.com to receive nutritional information on the Advanced Nutrient System then come back here and tell me something you learned that you didn't know before.

For a third entry tweet about this and leave me a comment, leaving a link to your tweet.

For a fourth entry you can blog about this and then, of course, come back here to leave a comment with a link to your post.

This contest will close Oct 3 at 11:59pm CST

9Lives provided me with the product, information, and prize pack through MyBlogSpark.

8 comments:

  1. I learned overweight cats can get diabetes.
    twoofakind12@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an email subscriber

    runningmatey at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that their formula also has garden greens for hairball control.

    runningmatey at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've subscribed to your email updates - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned that the 9 Lives Tuna and Egg Flavor reduces urinary pH to help maintain urinary tract health. My calico, Frankie, is getting older so this is important to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I subscribe

    Sweetimpishpixie(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found out poor nutrition can cause a cat to have dry fur, fur loss, or greasy skin

    Sweetimpishpixie(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tweeted

    http://twitter.com/pennypixie/status/26323579629

    Sweetimpishpixie(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete