Thursday, August 26, 2010

5 simple things you can do for your child to help keep their smiles healthy and bright."

 I am a big believer in oral health and have been taking my kids to the dentist since they were little. I had a lot of problems when I was a teenager with crooked teeth and didn't my kids to face the same kind of problems. So when it comes to keeping your child's smile bright and teeth healthy, what do you do?

Here are 5 things I do:

1. Brush twice daily. Yes, it's a no brainer but there are times when it feels like a tug of war and you have to stay on them to make sure it's done right.

2. Let your kids pick out their toothbrush and toothpaste. It will make them more likely to use them if they've picked them out.

3. Floss. There are new, what I call, flossy-picks out that are easy for your kids to use and they can really do a good job with them I find.

4. Go to the dentist. As soon as your child cuts his/her first tooth, take them to the dentist. Get them used to the smells and sounds of the dentist office so when they do need to get work done it won't frighten them.

5. Chew sugarless gum or eat an apple after a meal when you get to your toothbrush. I call them 'nature's toothbrush'.


“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Trident blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” (link to: http://trident.twittermoms.com/about)

No comments:

Post a Comment